Thursday, April 1, 2010

I really love chicken salad. Seriously.

And it's not lie. I have an insanely unhealthy fondness for the stuff. So much so that I've been attempting to rework my recipe so that it's a little less fattening. Originally I just omitted the mayo in favor of a light salad dressing, but last night I made what was quite possibly the best batch of the stuff EVER. So, I'm here to share the secret with you. (It's really no secret; I just threw whatever looked good into the bowl and it was AMAZING.)
4 chicken breast tenderloins, minced until in small-ish chunks (baked already, lightly sprinkled with salt, pepper, and garlic)
1.5 tablespoons of Green Goddess dressing
2 tablespoons of honey mustard (dressing or actual honey mustard)
2 tablespoons of honey
salt and pepper to taste
a handful of dried cranberries, blueberries, and cherries (available at the Wal-Mart)
a handful of glazed walnuts
1 tablespoon of sweet pickle relish
Seriously. Best stuff I've eaten in a long time. I had it on top of a bagel with cream cheese.
Mmmm. Now I'm hungry.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! Wow, THIS is a recipe like no other I've heard!.. Sounds delicious, but I'm sure I don't have all of these ingredients on hand. I'll have to make a grocery run, and try this recipe out, so thanks for sharing it! ~tina

    ReplyDelete